The Extended Semantic Web Conference 2012 (ESWC 2012) takes place from May 27, 2012 to May 31, 2012 in Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
In the context of this year's ESWC, the 1st International Workshop on Common Value Management (CVM2012) addressed the core challenges of Brand and Reputation management, focusing upon issues like:
- Broadcasting, e.g.: web sites, news, email, RSS feeds, Twitter, chats, blogs
- Sharing of information items such as: booksmarks, images, slides, and videos
- Collaboration through wikis
- Group communication and interaction through sites such as Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, XING, and a multitude of specific recommendation and feedback places for certain vertical domains.
- Semantic-based Dissemination through formats such as microdata, RDF, RDFa, and SPARQL; and vocabularies such as Dublin Core, foaf, and GoodRelations, schema.org, etc.
- Text mining / Opinion Mining / Sentiment Analysis / Issue Extraction
- Non-moderated sentiment analysis
- Crowdsourcing applications in solving societal problems
- Hack-tivism and community activity
- Simulation of large(r) societal problems, through open, self-adapting models